Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

It uses hitscan attacks... I don't want hitscan flemoids in the wad unless there is a good reason why they should be firing "bullets" (e.g., a flemoid trooper carrying a zorch weapon)

Oh, and my progress today

- worked some more on DUEL03 - I have a nifty silo now

[spoiler][/spoiler]

- I put the finishing touches on the weapon and ammo placement in CTF02. It's ready to play, I just want to add something really quickly.

- I started on a new weapon concept - using the zorchgloves and the bootspork at the same time. When you are... (sporking?) a flemoid, your right zorchglove arm will come out and deal a powerful punch every once in a while
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

LAZ Trooper

No, dangit, the Perforatus w/ Armor shoots dual slime balls. The regular old Perforatus (which doesn't look quite as good) shoots hitscan.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on October 05, 2010, 11:20:08 PM
No, dangit, the Perforatus w/ Armor shoots dual slime balls. The regular old Perforatus (which doesn't look quite as good) shoots hitscan.

oh, that sounds cool, like a weaker quadrumpus

I scrapped the zorchgloves/bootspork combo attack, it took all day for me to realize it was impossible to get it to work like I hoped  :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

QuadrumpusGuy

For some reason when I think of the Perforatus, I keep thinking of the TNCQ replacement...  :facepalm The chaingunner blue bwa...

Anyways, a Flemoid Archvile Replacement would be awesome. Would it use zorch to bring flemoids that have already been zorched, and bring them back from the home dimension?

MajorSlime

Yup. Picture this: Instead of a tube nose, it has a tentacle mouth, like an octupus. It also carries a staff. When it raises flemoids, it raises the staff, which glows with zorch energy, and its tentacles stick out, which also glow with zorch energy. He can also use his tentacles to attack (I'm thinking propulsor missile  >:D)
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Made a lot of progress on DUEL02

The map layout is done, it's an almost perfect replica of jade plateau in blast corps now

Now, I'm going to add surrounding scenery (to make it look more like a canyon/plateau).

I'm not sure why, but some of my vertex slopes aren't working.

In an unrelated note - this is the first map I've made so far that looks exactly the same in opengl and software mode.

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: 75 on October 06, 2010, 03:06:02 PM
I'm not sure why, but some of my vertex slopes aren't working.

Are your vertex slopes directly on the vertices? You can check this by zooming in all the way. Sometimes they are off by just a bit.

MajorSlime

Vertex slopes? Tell me more, I must know more about these... vertex slopes.

QuadrumpusGuy

Vertex Slopes are a thing in the Slopes list in your Doom builder Things selection menu. When you place them on a Vertex, you can raise or lower the thing's height and the sector(s) around it will slope towards it.

noob1234

wait... what's the perforatus that's NOT the TNCQ replacement?
awesome map!
...how do the bridges work in software?

They're thing bridges XD

It's not actually flat, it's a series of vertical lines

they sure look real, don't they?

As for vertex slopes...

Make a square sector, then draw four lines connecting the verticies of the square, so it looks like it has an x in it. Put a thing called "vertex slope" in the center vertex. Raise and lower the thing using its Z-height, it will "pull" the sectors adjacent to the vertex up or down.

NOTE: The "z height" of a vertex slope is not like the z height of most things. A vertex slope given a z height of zero will NOT be put on the floor of the sector you put it in - it will be put at zero elevation!

Vertex slopes ONLY work with triangular sectors with three verticies

All sectors attached to the vertex you put the thing on MUST have three vertices, AND be a triangle (a triangle with four vertexes will not work, even if the fourth vertex is in line with the triangle.

LAZ Trooper

This is the Perforatus w/ Armor: (I'm kind of partial to it because I came up with the sprite idea) The code should be in TNCQG2, then, I think.

So this is the most noticeable change I've made from the original E2M4 in my Invasion map:
[spoiler]
The original:

My change:

[/spoiler]

And I finally got around to posting my modification to LAZ07 (CTF map) to make it not just a straight run-like-heck-and-win path to capture the flag. Screens:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
And file included as attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

nice work on the CTF map! I'll put it in, there's a few sprites I did recently (like the recolored blue monitor) that would go really well in there.

LAZ Trooper

I started a Villa Zorchmatch map today, which is going pretty well for a map with no prelim-sketching.

What's your status on LAZ04, LAZ06, and LAZ11?

Current Projects:

MajorSlime

okay...

i've finally completely finished the conference map. thats one. the nuze is looking good; i can't wait for the test play on friday! To do sandbox, however: does anyone know of any acs command or anything that will return the sector tag under the player(I looked and couldn't find any)?