Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucius

OH man I listened to your stuff constantly when I was a little kid. I even had a cassette tape with all the cq music looping on it that I'd listen to. That old CQ music was the bomb

Replica

Quote from: Manny Cav on November 18, 2008, 07:18:47 PM
Quote from: Replica on November 18, 2008, 04:55:27 PM
Quote from: drooben on November 17, 2008, 08:31:35 PM
Hey All,

I told Chuck when he's ready for CQ4, I'll be ready to make some more.  ;)

Cheers,

Andrew

Well, if your really that eager to make music, there is still E3M3 and E3M5. ;D
You mean E3M4 and E3M5. :P

Sure Manny, Sure.....
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

Quote from: Atariangamer on November 17, 2008, 09:31:19 PM
Hello, Andrew! I SERIOUSLY like the new music! And a CQ4...that would be awesome!

I think we need to finish up Chex Quest 3 before we start thinking about any sequels, there's some some stuff that needs to be finished up in CQ3 such as the remaining music and the various bugs.

Zorcher

Don't forget a new official release of ZDoom with the source so it can be ported to Skulltag! =D

Blzut3

The Skulltag team has been using the ZDoom SVN for awhile now.  The current release of Skulltag is based on a version between 2.1.7 and 2.2.0.  Skulltag will get chex(3).wad support whenever we feel like updating to the latest ZDoom SVN.

ChexCommander

Yes, the problem is....many newer mods like CQ3 and TNCQ G2 will no longer work on Skulltag, due to some DECORATE incapabilites, CustomBulletAttack and the like.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

QuadrumpusGuy

Both Pieces of music were great. E3M1's was best :D

Quote from: arch129 on November 18, 2008, 08:58:26 PM
Quote from: Atariangamer on November 17, 2008, 09:31:19 PM
Hello, Andrew! I SERIOUSLY like the new music! And a CQ4...that would be awesome!

I think we need to finish up Chex Quest 3 before we start thinking about any sequels, there's some some stuff that needs to be finished up in CQ3 such as the remaining music and the various bugs.

Yes, there are a few things that must be fixed in CQ3, such as texture alignment and changing textures. But yes, a CQ4 Would be Awesome :D I hope a few extra levels are added into CQ3. Any Ideas?

ChexCommander

I believe CQ3 will keep its 5 levels, seeing as the previous 2 had 5 levels as well, and I'm sure the design of the levels took Chukker quite a while to complete.  However, if a legendary CQ4 does ever come out, I'd love to see more levels, or just some new mods.

arch129

Quote from: QuadrumpusGuy on November 22, 2008, 02:31:59 PM
I hope a few extra levels are added into CQ3. Any Ideas?

I think that haveing 5 levels for each Chex Quest is fine if it stays to DooM I, but I think if a new Chex Quest was going to DooM II it might need some more levels, 10 maybe.

ChexCommander

Well, Doom II is one complete episode of 32 levels, just with little breaks in between a few sets of levels.

I never heard anyone porting an official CQ to Doom II just because of the extra official levels and monsters needed.  I think TNCQ G2 is fine for that.

Enjay

And of course, if Zdoom is bein kept as the engine, there is no longer any need to be tied to any particular game-specific weapon, monster, level or episode format because all of those can be defined using various control lumps in the WAD.

Atariangamer

Tru.

What would be cool, IMO, is at least 5 levels of game specific CQ. That is, Doom, Doom2, Hexen, Heretic, Strife.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Atariangamer

5 levels on the doom engine, 5 levels on the doom 2 engine, 5 on hexen, 5 on heretic, and 5 on strife. All have slightly different features and weapons, and would be cool to see. I do like that with zdoom, its possible to do that w/o changing IWADs, but I'd like it to be native, not forced.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

arch129

I don't think that we need a Chex Quest for Strife, Hexen, and Hetric ect.
IMO, Chex Quest isn't just a DooM mod, its just Chex Quest.