Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flurb

Richie will do it. He'll survive the necessary courses and get a degree in game making. Then he'll use all the money he has and by the title "Chex Quest". Than he'll... ect... And finally, we will have Super Chex Quest in 2057. Hurray!

TheMasterOfBattle

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Replica

lol, I thought Richie wanted to go into politics.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

AFAIK, he does.

but seriously, we got some people out there that can do stuff with the doom3 engine, and they're bumping up to the Rage engine now. Those are some super hires stuff there, and would be the closest thing to that we got.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

The Slimeinator

"AFAIK" = All Fans Are Inane Koalas??? WHAT!!!!????

That's messed up.

In other news, I still think this game is incredibly awesome. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

arch129

Quote from: The Slimeinator on October 05, 2008, 11:08:26 AM
In other news, I still think this game is incredibly awesome. NO EXCEPTIONS.

You speak the truth! No matter what, Chex Quest 3 allways winz!

Manny Cav

Quote from: The Slimeinator on October 05, 2008, 11:08:26 AM
"AFAIK" = All Fans Are Inane Koalas??? WHAT!!!!????
O_O If you're wondering what this means, I'm pretty sure he meant "as far as I know."
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

You guys fail it. We could indeed immate everything from Doom 3 on GZDoom. But the problem is that the graphics would be alittle worse.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

That's what I mean. Using an existing source port like that isn't what I was referring two. I was talking about a new, super-cool engine. Using Doom 3 is hardly even acceptable, because it's still commercial, and some would be unable or unwilling to buy it.

EDIT: Also, Replica, no "failing" outside of Forum Games and Off Topic Discussions, please.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

I don't see why we couldn't. Making a new engine we kind of need a programer, (or 10). GZDoom has is the best sorceport out there. And it fits on what your saying. Its not as limeted as some people think, GZDoom is our easyest way of doing so If we are to make a really good Chex Quest game.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Replica on October 05, 2008, 05:04:55 PM
I don't see why we couldn't. Making a new engine we kind of need a programer, (or 10). GZDoom has is the best sorceport out there. And it fits on what your saying. Its not as limeted as some people think, GZDoom is our easyest way of doing so If we are to make a really good Chex Quest game.
Well, I did say that doing what I dreamed of would require a superhacker, didn't I? :P
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Yes, but what I'm saying is that we could do some what what your thinking on GZdoom. ;)

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

...How bout the Half Life engine? true 3d, still feels classic, and I think the original went opensource already. or we could go hl2.exe (the Source engine), which is open to developers, I think, therefore we'd just need a little knowhow...

but the simplest to mod would be the original half life, or quake...but HL has cooler options than quake, so thats my idea.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

arch129

I don't know, but I feel this topic is geting a bit off topic...