- E1M4: Remove excess 3D sector tags; raise the walkway to the Orange Key to be above the flem.
- E1M5: Remove excess 3D sector tags.
Changes from v21.1 that were omitted for design reasons: (these are things we didn't take from Arch's v21.1 patch)
- E1M1: Remove the flem pillar that lowers a sector, and instead operate it by pressing a wall.
- E1M2: Remove the flem pillars.
- E1M3: The High Jump Boots were removed. The green force field deactivation switch was moved from the room the boots were needed for into the preceeding hall. The old room was converted into an optional secret room (unmarked as such) with new items.
- E1M6: Remove the flem pillars that lower a sector, and instead operate it with a walk-over linedef.
New fixes and improvements:
- General: Fixed key pickup messages; add missing dbigfont, IFOG, and QUAD sprites; fix MISL Propulsor sprites facing the wrong direction (an old chex.wad bug); Flemegaus Loricatus no longer hits other Flemoids; BRIGHT states added and removed for appropriate actors.
- E1M#: Mark inaccessible linedefs as invisible to the map; remove deprecated Doom Builder 3D mode spawns; 8-player co-op starts; unpeg doors; misc. map cleanup.
- E1M1: Fix things not spawning in Deathmatch; fix the end boardwalk's 3D roof; remove key messages and bump sounds whenever players walk in front of key doors; adjust sector brightness near the ending lights; fix an exit sign's improper sector references; add (uncollectible) items to the end to better align with E1M2's start; add a Deathmatch start for no other reason than to prevent crashes if the game mode gets switched to Deathmatch; remove non-functional 0-height sectors.
- E1M2: Fix things not spawning in Deathmatch; fix non-functional sound blocking at the Breakfast secret; remove excess "Line Horizon" that wasn't fully formed; a secret area had two sectors marked as secret; add (uncollectible) items to the end to better align with E1M3's start; remove 0-height sectors.
- E1M3: Fix things not spawning in Deathmatch; clarify non-functional teleporters; fix a Flemegaus Commonus not teleporting; mark a stray linedef as "Impassible"; add (uncollectible) items to the end to better align with E1M4's start; remove 0-height sectors; more consistent textures.
- E1M4: Add missing TeleGlitter generator; clarify non-functional teleporters; fix softlock caused by floor not raising; move Flemoids that can't move because they're clipping past linedefs; fix improperly joined sectors that prematurely alerted Flemoids in another room; mark a room boundary as impassable; remove 0-height sectors.
- E1M5: Fix things not spawning in Deathmatch; add missing teleporter from the end of E1M4; make windows impassible; fix a cliff's improper sector references; add (uncollectible) items to the end to better align with E1M6's start.
- E1M6: Add missing TeleGlitter generators; fix things not spawning in Deathmatch; fix sectors tagged as moving that shouldn't be; add (uncollectible) items to the end to better align with E1M7's start.
- E1M7: Remove problematic room with extra Flemoid and line trigger; remove excess TeleGlitter generator; remove 0-height sectors.
In Chex Quest 3 episode 1 Rescue on Bazoik I have an idea for the next update you can change from the original layout or the hd layout and it could also happen with Chex Quest HD you can choose the he layout or the Original 1996 layout
That's a really cool find. I never really thought about it, but now that you point it out it's pretty obvious. Especially considering the co-op starts in every map. Nice work! You should definitely release it.