Chex Quest related oddities.

Started by Manny Cav, September 20, 2008, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

Quote from: Datra on May 21, 2009, 10:24:04 PM
Running CQ3 in DOS!?!? is that Chukker's or the stolen one? and why would anybody want to do that anyway when computers nowadays are so much better?
The stolen one for a surety. The reason they're trying to do it is because the stupid text file that came with Chex Quest 3 (stolen) mentioned DOS.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Zdoom is available for dos...but idk if its the most recent version.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Quote from: xbolt on May 19, 2009, 11:13:05 PM
Quote from: Manny Cav on May 19, 2009, 11:10:10 PM
Why resort to downloading bittorrent clients and going to websites with pirate in the name?

If I had to guess, I would bet that those people are already intimately familiar with torrent programs, if ya know what I mean.

What I find to be the most epic fail is that these people don't even think about using their resources. Whenever I'm curious about something or another, I take a quick google search, glance at the wikipedia page (if there is one), and then proceed to find out more about the item. I doubt these people even think about using google.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Batmanifestdestiny

Okay, real quick, since I noticed that the year confusion came up again at about page 9.

Chex Quest came out in May of 1996, 'nuff said.  The scary thing is that I remember that even though I was 3 at the time 0_o (that shows how much CQ changed my life, I guess ;D)

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Manny Cav

The file modify date for chex.wad on my end is October 31, 1996, 6:44:40 PM, so unless the makers of chex.wad worked on messed up computers or somehow messed with the dates, you time doesn't make sense to me.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Manny, have you thought about the fact that that may have been the date you installed CQ on your computer?

xbolt

Quote from: ChexCommander on June 28, 2009, 03:38:34 PM
Manny, have you thought about the fact that that may have been the date you installed CQ on your computer?

No, I have the same date. That's why for the tenth anniversary, we were working to get the wad done by Halloween.

ChexCommander

Ah, alright. Wasn't sure. Hmm....why don't we ask Charles Jacobi?

Manny Cav

Quote from: ChexCommander on June 28, 2009, 05:53:15 PM
Ah, alright. Wasn't sure. Hmm....why don't we ask Charles Jacobi?
If I remember correctly, I already tried that. He couldn't really help me any.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Stolen Chex quest is on home of the underdogs!

http://www.hotud.org/component/content/article/43-action/22658

They don't have the offical CQ3, though. they messed up some things about CQ3: Stolen, too. It wasn't made by digital cafe.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

Quote from: 75 on December 20, 2009, 04:27:52 PM
Stolen Chex quest is on home of the underdogs!

http://www.hotud.org/component/content/article/43-action/22658

They don't have the offical CQ3, though. they messed up some things about CQ3: Stolen, too. It wasn't made by digital cafe.

Old news. ;)

I think this is where I first discovered the stolen CQ3.

mob720

Do any of you even have the original CD? Cuz I do.

Just wondering. :P
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

xbolt

Quote from: mob720 on December 21, 2009, 02:20:29 AM
Do any of you even have the original CD? Cuz I do.

Just wondering. :P

*raises hand*

mob720

That's cool. I have it lying around in my desk somewhere, dont have the sleeve though. Well, I might. IDK.

I got it (since I was only about 1 when CQ came out) is my grandparents actually bought the Chex with the CD in it, gave that to my dad, who in turn gave it to me sometime back when I dont even remember. But I do remember playing it over and over and over and over and over to no end. And I had fun every single time!

I also played a lot of Lode Runner if any of you know about it.
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

xbolt

Quote from: mob720 on December 21, 2009, 02:26:10 AM
I got it (since I was only about 1 when CQ came out) is my grandparents actually bought the Chex with the CD in it, gave that to my dad, who in turn gave it to me sometime back when I dont even remember. But I do remember playing it over and over and over and over and over to no end. And I had fun every single time!

That's just about an exact copypasta of my story. XD

But I put the CD in an actual jewelcase, and used the sleeve as a cover insert. :D