Chex Quest related oddities.

Started by Manny Cav, September 20, 2008, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

matthias720

So, we all agree that the box of stale chex and give-away game shouldn't be priced more than...$20?
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Atariangamer

It means more to those who actually know what its like opening a box of cereal in 1996 and finding a game inside. Its just a pwnz feeling.

BTW, unboxings are awesome, especially if well documented. Someone documented their unboxing of an unopened Atari touchpad (for paintings and the like), and it was just AWESOME. (and lots of lols about lack of saftey warnings on the plastic bags)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Atariangamer on April 04, 2009, 12:40:15 AM
It means more to those who actually know what its like opening a box of cereal in 1996 and finding a game inside. Its just a pwnz feeling.

Yes, but the second time is never the same.

Atariangamer

Well, fast forward 12 years. All games and CDs in cereal boxes are just worthless pieces of junk. THEN what does it feel like to open up a box and actually get a good game?

Manny Cav

Quite good, I would imagine. I still can't remember the sensation of getting a high-quality game as a scot-free gift.

I loaned my CD once to someone and haven't seen it since, and admittedly, I'd like to have another one with the sleeve, but I'm not going to pay two grand for it. It's EBAY. Set a reasonable auction price and let the bidders decide what they're going to pay for it.

EDIT: By the way, I just looked at the auction. Ended on March 31st with no bids.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Quote from: Atariangamer on April 04, 2009, 12:03:11 PM
Well, fast forward 12 years. All games and CDs in cereal boxes are just worthless pieces of junk. THEN what does it feel like to open up a box and actually get a good game?

QFT, after CQ they were little more than playable commercials. Even the games you had to send 8 UPCs for. I remember that, I tried quite a few hoping to get something like CQ again.... to no avail, of course :(
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

matthias720

Quote from: 75 on April 04, 2009, 02:47:38 PM

QFT, after CQ they were little more than playable commercials. Even the games you had to send 8 UPCs for. I remember that, I tried quite a few hoping to get something like CQ again.... to no avail, of course :(
That Cap'n Crunch game wasn't bad, though.  I liked it.

Manny Cav

Is Cap'n crunch General Meals, by chance? If so, we may be able to see about getting Cap'n Crunch or other General Mills stuff into the Chex Quest universe.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

matthias720

Quote from: Manny Cav on April 04, 2009, 03:34:15 PM
Is Cap'n crunch General Meals, by chance? If so, we may be able to see about getting Cap'n Crunch or other General Mills stuff into the Chex Quest universe.
Nope.  It's Quaker Oats.

Quote from: matthias720 on April 04, 2009, 03:26:50 PM

Oh yeah, that one with the backwards skateboarding challenge? That's about the only thing I remember about it.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

matthias720

Quote from: 75 on April 04, 2009, 04:51:24 PM
Quote from: matthias720 on April 04, 2009, 03:26:50 PM

Yup

Oh yeah, that one with the backwards skateboarding challenge? That's about the only thing I remember about it.

Manny Cav

Hee hee, you mangled your quote a little there. I tried that game out from Home of the Underdogs, and it was pretty good, but didn't really keep me interested, and wasn't as exciting as Chex Quest was.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Good, I guess, but you know what's coming....so it kinda spoils it.

I still have the original CD with the sleeve, and I put them both in a jewel case so they don't get damaged.

Atariangamer

I wish I got it in a box...
Got it from a friend, and after it didn't work, I went searching and found Tucows (curse its name), then tried playing early Newmaps, which xbolt helped me get TUCQ and the latest newmaps (9 at the time). He and richie then made me my yahoo mail and CQFF account, which i've kept ever since (but the mail has gone due to an infestation of spam).