Chex Quest related oddities.

Started by Manny Cav, September 20, 2008, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batmanifestdestiny

It was a project that someone had to make a CQ game for ZZT, a works-on-every-OS program that uses dos and uses ansii characters for the players and whatnot.  Last I heard of it, it was still using the original scheme (top-down shooter) and the creator was bored with it.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Manny Cav

Is there a webpage for it, or somewhere else where I can learn more information about it?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Batmanifestdestiny

Nope, is was a quick fancy within some ZZT Forums.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

The Slimeinator

No news on the Noeman Anomaly (Doom level, anyone?) yet.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Manny Cav

Something I'd like to bring up here is the "Chex Quest 3 beta." Now, to what am I exactly referring to? Well, in material referencing the stolen Chex Quest 3 and even Chukker's Chex Quest 3 reference a Chex Quest 3 beta posted at the original chexquest.com website before it went down. Does anybody know anything about this?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

A CQ3 beta...on CQ.com before the stolen one and the official? wow...

I believe ya, but do ya have any of those 'refrences' on ya?

EDIT: Whoops, that link said it, and I wasn't lookin...
...managed to bring some closure to the trilogy by finishing off the beta version of the game...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Limozeen

oddies, oddites, rarites.. hmmm..

Chex Quest was just release for General Mills sake. It's not like theres going to be pop-up merchandize, and Chex cereal released Chex Quest for an oddite itself!

..But I do remember of young age some guy was selling both light blue and pink t-shirts of the Chex Quest logo on it. I guess it was homemade with the Iron or maybe it
could have been some real Chex Quest Merchandize. I think it was limited homemade.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Limozeen on November 16, 2008, 01:11:28 AM
..But I do remember of young age some guy was selling both light blue and pink t-shirts of the Chex Quest logo on it. I guess it was homemade with the Iron or maybe it
could have been some real Chex Quest Merchandize. I think it was limited homemade.

Richie tried to do something like this back when this new location was founded in January of 2008. He didn't go through with it because of copyright concerns.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Man, maybe we could e-mail GM about trying for a few limited edition CQ t-shirts?

[/dream]
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

nightwheel

It was only a matter of time someone till did this:

(Sorry about posting the wrong video. It is fixed now)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

arch129

Quote from: nightwheel on December 04, 2008, 01:23:08 AM
It was only a matter of time someone till did this:

(Sorry about posting the wrong video. It is fixed now)

I'm guilty. :D

xbolt

nightwheel

How do I put the wad into the game?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

ChexCommander

In GZDoom, you can take the WAD, and drag and drop it on GZDoom.exe.

In Legacy, use Single Map, and choose the wad, and begin.

And by the way, I remember someone else posting this a while back...what a great rickroll mod!  ;D
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

nightwheel

Hmmm, I did that. And I couldn't switch weapons.

Could it be the fact I'm using ZDoom?