[Discussion]Chex Squadron, the Role Play

Started by The Green Avenger, April 13, 2009, 12:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

Now it's really just flemoids attacking everywhere with people running around.  Could we have a change? Could something different happen? I mean, it's nice and all, but all there's been are character intros and flemoid attacks for the last 3 pages.  :-\
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

Considering the somewhat random nature of role plays, how exactly do we go about suddenly introducing a new plot element in the middle of something like this? Or should we just resolve the current conflict, then move on to the next conflict.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Just have a team can the flemoids in a containment cell or something, and move on.

arch129

Quote from: Manny Cav on May 08, 2009, 09:12:50 PM
Considering the somewhat random nature of role plays, how exactly do we go about suddenly introducing a new plot element in the middle of something like this? Or should we just resolve the current conflict, then move on to the next conflict.

We should get the turrets working then have this conflict resolved.

The Slimeinator

Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

arch129

Quote from: The Slimeinator on May 09, 2009, 12:11:47 AM
I'm trying to do plot elements here. :(

Maybe you might just wait for the next chance, we have been on this ship for ever.

If the turret idea is used what will happen next?  I think we (as in most of the main characters) go to some planet which is in trouble, but something new not like Bazionk.

ChexCommander

It would have to be something with some entirely new stuff. The constant visits to planets attacked by flemoids is a recurring theme that might be nice with some new stuff.

arch129

Quote from: ChexCommander on May 10, 2009, 04:31:24 PM
It would have to be something with some entirely new stuff. The constant visits to planets attacked by flemoids is a recurring theme that might be nice with some new stuff.

We could have some goal in mind.  For example rescuing a bunch of hostages from somewhere the flemoids tooken over.

The Slimeinator

My "goal" is to eventually dethrone Lord Snotfolus so that the Flemoids and the Chex people can live in harmony.

ChexCommander

Interesting. Green Wing is STOPPING the infestation. Cool.

...but ripping his head off? Isn't that a bit...gruesome for Chex Quest? I mean, it's okay, but this is supposed to be a child-friendly forum...

Manny Cav

That's the thing with role plays, though. We can go off the wall and do stuff we wouldn't normally do in the games.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Oh, okay! Sorry if I'm not used to role plays.  :)

Manny Cav

The restrictions are pretty much limited to what the starter of the role play sets out.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

I was thinking about making a post of the turrets driving out the flemoids on the ship and ending this part of the story, but I don't just to suddenly change the story with out warning.  If you want to I can make the post or have some one else do it or wait until something else happens.

The Slimeinator

Quote from: ChexCommander on May 10, 2009, 06:30:47 PM
Interesting. Green Wing is STOPPING the infestation. Cool.

...but ripping his head off? Isn't that a bit...gruesome for Chex Quest? I mean, it's okay, but this is supposed to be a child-friendly forum...

My argument there is that Flemoids don't bleed.