CQ3- Stuck on the Villa Chex level, unable to procrastinate

Started by Firefly, October 14, 2008, 12:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefly

Out of the kindness of your hearts, please help a poor n00b.  Chex Quest 3 (by Chukkers) is amazing!  Here I am playing it at 11pm when I should be doing homework, and then I get stuck.  Back to physics homework... not!

Early in the level, there's an open door switch.  When I activate it, seconds later it "locks" again with a beep, and the same two doors that I couldn't get through before are still locked.  I haven't had the opportunity to get any keys yet.  I feel that the switch should unlock the balcony door... what am I missing?  I thought maybe it was a bug, but I replayed the level up to that point and had the same problem...  (Just to clarify, I want to get to the area that I can see through the fences).

Thanks!
*sheepish grin*

The Slimeinator

Heh heh heh. Welcome!

First of all, if you haven't already, you need to get the latest version. In the Villa, the switch you mentioned opens a different door, but I forget exactly where it is. I haven't quite memorized it entirely. :D
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Replica

You mean your at the balconey, go into your control panle in the options menu, and change your controls, choose the Jump, and put it on a certain button you want. Not just jump over the balconey.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

As far as I know, replica is right. Set a jump button, and then hit the switch and to the ground. Some door should be open down there to get you further. When I get time (g2g athemoment), I'll check this...

But welcome! Welcome to the ChexQuestFanForums!
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

The Slimeinator

No, no, no. There is no need to jump anywhere in the entire game if you have the latest version!
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Firefly

Full Edit:

Ok, said switch for the door leading to the room before the balcony turned out to be timed...?  In a couple tries I was able to get there fast enough before it closed (and locked).  Problem solved!

Thanks for taking the time to help me out :)

Atariangamer

thas okay...And it seems mine WASN"T the latest version. And yeah, doors can be timed like that LOL

The_Glyphstone

Hiya...

Registered to ask about this exact same thing, and saw a topic already in existence - maybe I just have pathetic twitch reflexes, but I don't see how this is possible...I hit the switch, and by the time I've turned around to head for the exit of the room, it locks again. It's definitely the lastest version, so am I just too slow?

Atariangamer

Do you have "always run" on? if not, then get it. it helps, so instead of focusing on shift key, you're always goin fasta.

else, do you use the mouse+wasd control scheme? It allows for easier turning, maybe shaving some time off your run.

ChexCommander

Or use the map, hit the switch (keeping the map on the whole time) and immediately run backwards.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

mrbassman

I'm sure I have the latist version and I do know that the switch turns back off well before you would be half way across the room.

I tried the jump key and the fly key.  Jump works sort of but still can't get beyond the window wall and fly doesn't work at all.

So I'm still stuck.  I will go back and triple check versions.

Any other suggestions?

Zorchdude

To the left, there's a step that allows you to jump over.
Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

newsted_jr

anyone got a suggestion for dealing with the flembomination?
i hit him with two zorch pro-thingys and a laz shot. i have 22 phasing zorches left, 4 rapid zorches, 20 large zorches, and a boot spork. and 65 health.
should i keep trying or am i screwed?

xbolt

SPOOON!!! ;D

If it were me, I'd throw the rest of that stuff at him, and see what happens. You never know. :D

The Green Avenger

I've actually finished it with a spoon before.  It requires skill, determination, speed, and a heavy finger on the SHIFT, strafe, forward, and back keys, but it is possible to hit it between its attacks.  You just have to get away ASAP and run around until it gives you another shot at it.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.