I have an idea.....

Started by Chex MangaCat, May 11, 2009, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

Really, MangaCat, have you never had a conversation where the topic has drifted slightly?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Datra

Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on July 08, 2009, 11:41:35 AM

What about a prequel based on when the teleporters were new, and little did intergalactic cereals united know that they had set the frequency on the teleporter to cross dimensions into the flem dimension before arriving at the location, and in a freak power failure in the middle of teleporting, someone from the Chex squadron get's caught in the dimension for a little while, and in a beginning cut scene a-la Half-life, he see's little glimpses of the flem dimension, but arrives back at ICU shortly.  For some reason, though, everyone seems to be running away from him, and he could really go for a bowl of wheat Chex.  Little did this man know that he had teleported on top of a flemoid, and in the process, their brains swapped bodies!

IDEA!: What if... something similar like that happened but the guy came out of the experiment Half-Chex, Half-Flemoid. where he could use both Zorchers and various slime powers. he could be defending himself from the Flemoid army as is what always happens. but he could also be fighting off the IFC Chex Squadron who may see him as a massive threat (by being half Flemoid) and because they may want to use him for potentially dangerous (and maybe even painful) experiments.

How does that sound?
CQHD Community Dev

Quote from: Chex MangaCat on August 04, 2009, 05:49:33 PM
Oh my... You guys are so off the point... How old are you guys? 3 or 4 years old or something? Sheesh....

Why not? You haven't posted something new on your idea in months. In fact, other than insult the people who post in this topic you don't talk about anything at all.

That's rather rude, btw.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Atariangamer

@DATRA: awesome idea! you're on nobody's side XD

ChexCommander

Quote from: Chex MangaCat on August 04, 2009, 05:49:33 PM
Oh my... You guys are so off the point... How old are you guys? 3 or 4 years old or something? Sheesh....

Hark who's talking! You're acting pretty immaturely, even for a 12-year-old. Why bother insulting us?

Datra: Sweet idea! A sort of neutral guy, with mixed powers. That would be so cool! Half-Chex: The Great Flemoid Experiment ;D
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Loremaster

Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

noob1234

@datra: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Datra

A few things: is it possible to set up "separate sides" in GZDoom so that one could witness a squad of Chex Warriors battle a group of Flemoids through AI?

And I've been wondering about the other starships in the Chex Quest Universe (if there are any other than the 3 seen in the intro scene and the Flemoid ship) but I've been getting curious as to what a Cheerio-Ship would look like.
CQHD Community Dev

ChexCommander

Maybe more like a UFO-shaped ship for the Cheerios?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

noob1234

Quote from: Datra on August 20, 2009, 04:59:51 AM
A few things: is it possible to set up "separate sides" in GZDoom so that one could witness a squad of Chex Warriors battle a group of Flemoids through AI?
Have you played episode 4 of CQG2?

Atariangamer

What Datra is talkin bout is prolly a cutscene...VERY possible. Newmaps shows Legacy, one of slime's projects shows not a true cutscene, but similar (its more like HL2's cutscenes).

(G)ZDooM is capable of emulating a battle and having you watch it. Mostly by creating a room away from the battle field with cameras (not always controlable, but meh), and spawning a few bots and a few enemies. Mostly would hafta be scripted stuff.

For a good example, get KDiZD and watch the intro.

Datra

Not exactly what I was thinking of Atarian (although a cutscene would be epicness) but building off of the idea of being on nobody's side, you could be running from both Chex Warriors and Flemoids. but can it be set up so that if an AI Chex Warrior runs across an AI Flemoid they would fight eachother?
CQHD Community Dev

I think slime's mod already has that

How do you do cutscenes in GZdoom?

I'm trying to do an intro cutscene, but I don't think it would be possible
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Atariangamer

You do it the same way you do ZDooM cutscenes...again, I recomend looking at KDiZD. They have an INTROMAP or something that is scripted heavily to do moving cameras, and initiate the battles.

@Datra: so you mean at one time you're running from Flemoids, next map Chex Squadron, and then in the next map, the two meet and forget about you to fight each other?

What you'd hafta do is find a way to set people enemies to each other. I'm not sure they can be enemies to you AND another faction. To do a mod like that, you'd hafta DECORATE flemoids, DECORATE chex warriors, and then for the battle, just have the flemoids up against some scripted marines. then script a sequence that when all of one party is destroyed, script a small cutscene and switch to a map respective of who won.

No, I mean a cutscene that plays when the game starts.