Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: 75 on October 25, 2010, 09:11:01 PM
nah, switching the camera makes it even more difficult, considering how fast the players run (~70 mph) you might only have a split second to catch one on camera.

unless... you put the camera at the end of a long hallway and maybe gave the players a couple closets  or crates to hide in / around/ dodge fire with.  ;)

Sounds like a good idea. The halls need more stuff to them anyways.

Opinion of the main room?

The main room looks too busy, I'm a bit worried that all those trees will get in the way of dodging fire.

Trees don't provide good cover, either. they're good for sneaking behind, but they don't stop "bullets".

I recommend having trees in the back, and more or less a clearing in the center.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

oh, and about the alternate boombox sounds... I don't think it's going to work. I just can't get the songs to be loud enough without destroying them (amplifying them to the point where they sound like they're coming out of a really bad, really old radio, the song is barely recognizable)
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

QuadrumpusGuy

The main room really isn't that bad. I don't have much trouble navigating through it. Though I will get rid of some trees bordering the waterway.

LAZ Trooper

Looks good (even though I haven't actually loaded the screenshots ::) )

I've got a zorchmatch map in the works. Ever wanted to play Chex Quest on a football field without getting strange looks from passersby? This time it's an outdoor stadium, with one huge screen on one end that cycles through 4 cameras.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

matthias720

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on October 25, 2010, 10:50:21 PM
I've got a zorchmatch map in the works. Ever wanted to play Chex Quest on a football field without getting strange looks from passersby? This time it's an outdoor stadium, with one huge screen on one end that cycles through 4 cameras.
NICE! 8)
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

LAZ Trooper

And here it is! I thinged it up in the main field, but you might want to put in some crates and stuff to hide behind... Also, it's supposed to have a daytime sky, which I didn't get around to MAPINFO'ing

[attachment deleted by admin]

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

make the bleachers shorter, and add some interior (i.e., some of the surrounding stadium, like where you'd buy pizza, bathrooms, etc.) and we have a winner

as it is right now, it won't quite work... sorry.

Datra

75, that is an awesome Flemoid! I would love to see that as a skin in the Skulltag Pack in the future.
CQHD Community Dev

I was planning on making a zorch (flaz) mech version too, with the flemoid version of ultra rapid zorchers on each arm and maybe some rockets.

I'd have to scale it down, but it would probably make a great skin.

EDIT - size comparison

assuming fred is about 8 feet tall, this flemoid is probably around 12 feet tall.

another quick size comparison, with ye olde cyberdemon

noob1234

Fred is 8 feet tall???
yeah, it'd be a really cool skin to have, the zorch version anyway, because the flem version wouldn't work, cuz it'd look weird when he "zorches" another player with slime... or maybe if you made the skin have the "flem" damagetype, if possible...

MajorSlime

I seriously don't see how the legs/feet would look okay in game. Aren't they supposed to be flat with the ground? Like Fred? Or that cyberdemon? Well, at least make them closer to the ground. And make the firing ones flat; Fred's are flat when firing.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

noob1234

to me it looks like he's in mid stride; his right leg is closer than his left leg and the back foot's on the ground. He's about to put his front foot down. But I do agree, it should be flat when firing.

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: 75 on October 25, 2010, 09:11:01 PM
unless... you put the camera at the end of a long hallway and maybe gave the players a couple closets
That actually got my brain going in the direction that got me the idea for the level I'm working on now. XD  It's going pretty well, too.

Btw, whenever I play Pro Zorchmatch Arena I'm always bugged by things that aren't quite right or don't make sense. Could I send you a fixed version for you to just copy the whole thing over, not just add the things you noticed?

Current Projects:

QuadrumpusGuy

did you add some buildings outside of the windows?